Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

Why do I see this all over my server log? Only me on the server. I dont even want to know when I get 10 on there. What would cause this with only one person on the server. I let the server load the map and it still says that.

http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/to...m_time_problem

From Mojang Support:
    This message is written when the server is unable to update the world in normal speed (20 frames per second). This is mainly due to saving and loading chunks. We're working on it...

Funny part is that that is 26 days old and still having the same issues. But then again if you check the command line that xenon uses it is -Xmx1024M -Xms128M -jar which is far less memory than most private pc's use to run minecraft.

I chatted with their support awhile back before I purchased Minecraft hosting and they mentioned that they will raise RAM availability on request (support ticket).

Quote Originally Posted by thelicoriceman View Post
    I chatted with their support awhile back before I purchased Minecraft hosting and they mentioned that they will raise RAM availability on request (support ticket).
    After they raised the RAM did that error go away? Even with 10 or more on the server?

I haven't had to have my RAM raised yet. just don't mind the error.

they told me befor the server they would raise my ram if needed, but now that ui have the server i have asked for my ram to be raised but they keep telling me there not offering it yet

Just an update on this topic. Notch and the other developers are working on a new level format which will make the levels load much faster. It will take up more space, but not more RAM. Can't seem to find the article right now, but just check the Twitter and the article inside PCMag regarding the upcoming update.

It doesn't matter much anyways. I've had a server in Minecraft now for about 2 months, and it's giving me this once in a while, but it doesn't really cause any troubles.

Yeah, not many troubles here either I am still disappointed at the extra $15/mo for a 1Gb RAM raise...