Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Read for help with bukkit plugins essentials and permissions!

Smile Read for help with bukkit plugins essentials and permissions!

Hello just finished my bukkit permission files! there a pain, so i decided to help others that dont get them!

ok so permission is a plugin that add groups and users to bukkit (kinda liek the hmod ones but far more complicated)

heres the link to the bukkit plugin post download and follow the install instuctions there
    HTML Code:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admn-info-permissions-v2-0-revolutionizing-the-group-system.1403/page-77#post-70044
    ok and also the essentials plugin <------ adds all the basic hmod commands i.e /help,/sethome,/warp and all that!
    HTML Code:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/gen-essentials-v202-collection-of-essential-plugins-in-one-package-multiple.1262/page-106#post-70019
    okay so get them installed and get to work on your permissions config.yml!

this is an example on how it should look

Code:
    plugin:
      permissions: {system: default}
    groups:
      guest:
        default: true
        info: {prefix: '&1&8', suffix: '', build: false}
        inheritance: []
        permissions: []
      member:
        default: false
        info: {prefix: '&1&3', suffix: '', build: true}
        inheritance: [guest]
        permissions: [essentials.msg, essentials.motd, essentials.me, essentials.list,
          essentials.whois, essentials.tpaccept, essentials.tpdeny, essentials.home, essentials.sethome,
          essentials.spawn,essentials.help]
      citizen:
        info: {prefix: '&1&9', suffix: '', build: true}
        inheritance: [member]
        permissions: [essentials.warp,lwc, general.items]
      donator:
        info: {prefix: '&1&6', suffix: '', build: true}
      vip:
        info: {prefix: '&1&5', suffix: '', build: true}
      mods:
        info: {prefix: '&1&2', suffix: '', build: true}
        inheritance: [citizen]
        permissions: [essentials.broadcast, essentials.heal, essentials.kick,essentials.ban,essentials.give]
      admin:
        info: {prefix: '&1&4', suffix: '', build: true}
        inheritance: [moderator]
        permissions: ['*']
    users:
      lamnea:
        group: admin
        permissions: []

in the prefix bit in the code above you see things like &1&4, these are colour codes that make the player have coloured names! i.e admins would be red.

to do this you need ichat! the code above is preset up for i chat.

ichat is a permissions add on by the same author. (link bellow)
    HTML Code:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/chat-ichat-v1-4-permissions-addon.1729/page-10#post-69910
    here is a guide on setting up bukkit and at the bottom and ichat guide!
    HTML Code:
    http://minecraft.jobsti84.de/bukkithelp.php
    THIS IS NOT A GUIDE JUST SOME POINTERS!

thanks alot lamnea

Thanks for posting the kind pointers! Make sure you've disabled tabs when editing a .yml file or you'll run into many issues .

permissions 2.0

i cant get permissions 2.0 to work on my server. i got 2.1 to work and im told not to use that. im on build 432. it doesn't show up when i use /plugins. any help/advice?

Yes the creator of permissions has left. keep you permissions folder with you set up config.yml file but delete the permissions.jar

go to
    HTML Code:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admn-info-groupmanager-v0-9e-because-permissions-2-0-is-past-326-432.4723/page-9#post-80211
    download the GroupManager.jar and FakePermissions.jar and put them in your plugins folder! it will auto convert your permissons config.yml and all plugins that use permissions will work with it!

thanks, i tried the fakePermissions and GroupManger and they appear to be working, is there a good link that explains permissions so i can learn how it works. this stuff is confusing me. im looking around bukkits and i do see a lot of stuff.

Thanks for the tip, I didn't noticed permission was dead. No wonder why my server was acting weird :/

Permissions isn't actually dead. Nijikokun, the plugin developer, is taking a break from Bukkit. cjc343 has made a useful plugin that creates a sort of bridge between permissions 2.0 and 2.1, found here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/adm...-89#post-83343

I wouldn't recommend groupmanager right now since not many plugins use it. Though it does have permissions support, quite a few plugins are switching over to permissions 2.1.

As for Essentials: I don't recommend it that much. It does have a lot of features, but that's just it: There are WAY too many to be comfortable with and it conflicts with anything that has teleport/home/warp functions. I'd stay away from it, but if it's the only plugin on your server that manages that sort of thing, go for it.

Fox as much as i respect your view on essentials and group manager i disagree. groupmanager is simpler to use and supports any plugin that uses permissions(well ive had no trouble with it). and essentials is much better than having a pile of plugins to give you less commands that are made by a load of different authors.

Wow lots of views on this post!

Question Keeps saying You dont have permission to do this

Hey. I got this little problem with my server:
    I use permissions and essentials and some more plugins.
    The problem that everyone besides admin gets the error:" You dont have permission to do this" every time they build something.. But they can build!
    Any help would be great!

- iBoB